Saturday 5 May 2012

Innocent Eyes

I have been loving the innocence of children these last few weeks.  I have been seeing the world through the eyes of a four year old.

My Miss 4 is loving everything to do with fairies.  You may have seen that the fairies came to live in our garden a little while ago.  Ever since then, M2 has been busily discovering everything there is to know about fairies.



Did you know that fairies can't fly in the rain?
That different fairies leave different coloured pixie dust?
That each fairy has a different "talent"?

No?  Me Neither!  But now I do... and a certain amount of thanks needs to go to Tinkerbell (or Tink to her friends) for taking us on this journey.

Together with my M2 we have built a fairy house (an inside one inside an old shoe box, filled with dolls house furniture.  Cotton balls for pillows and a tissue for a blanket), 

The excitement the next morning when M2 discovered "pixie dust" throughout her fairy house  and  the food was gone was just priceless. 

M2 also has a "field journal" that she "writes" all her scientific discoveries in about fairies. This is an ongoing project that we are working on.  But the possibilities are endless.  Her imagination soars and her joy from looking and discovering is delightful.

It is Pure innocence.  I love it, and I never want it to go away.


1 comment:

  1. I love that little girls believe in fairies....love the innocent magic of it all.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.... thanks!