Friday 28 September 2012

Now breathe ............

This month, our house has been a rocky and turbulent place to be.  We are all a bit tired.  And we are all finally learning to breathe again.  Small baby steps.  One day at a time.



The OPERATION is now over. He was kept sedated and on a ventilator for 30+ hours, due to post op complications.  Thank God he pulled through.  He is ok, and improving daily.  His heart is now "fixed" - mostly.  Still one more procedure to go.  It "broke" because it had so much love in it that it burst - well, not really, but that is what I told our 4 year old daughter.  How else do you explain it to a four year old? It was very stressful, for all of us.  I  have been be scared, and worried, stressed, tired, teary, happy and sad.  Sometimes all at once. 



But now we are all starting to improve.  There will be more "speed bumps" along the way.  I keep trying to remember what my mum says Be gentle with each other.  What wise words.

Thank you to all of you who have helped me through this time.  I have been overwhelmed at the amount of kindness showered on this family.  I could not have got through this without you and I will never be able to thank you enough.


1 comment:

  1. I truly hope those speed humps are only tiny and that you are able to take great big breaths!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.... thanks!