This week's theme - Peace. I loooove this idea.
Peace can come in so many unexpected ways. Here are just some that I find, sometimes'
- the peace and quiet on my back deck in the morning or afternoon
- watching my children sleeping
- lying in bed awake in the morning before anyone else is making noise
- standing under the shower, in our now, beautiful bathroom
- sitting with a cup of coffee, quietly
- listening to rain on our tin roof while sipping a glass of wine (on our deck of course)
But also I am grateful for PEACE.
I have travelled in countries where I have witnessed sobbing mothers unwilling let their boys board buses for military service (Turkey).
I have visited the beaches where the troops of "The Great War" landed, and turned the sand and the water red with their sacrifice. (France)
I have stood in the trenches of Gallipoli,gobsmacked at the proximity of the "enemy" trench.
I have listened to the last post played, and each time it makes me cry.
Yes, I am grateful for Peace. In all its forms.
Lest we forget.