Sunday 4 March 2012

Grateful.... for Drink!

Now most people that know me, know that I like (ok, really like) a glass of wine.  This however is not going to be a post about how I am grateful for wine. Because, sometimes, I am really not grateful for wine.

The drink I am most grateful for is.... (drum roll please!) ....Milkshakes!  Yes, milkshakes.



Milkshakes are like a universal symbol for the good life.  My kids love milkshakes, I love milkshakes, and my husband is also partial to one every now and again.  They remind me of being a kid, and of "Happy Days" and the innocence of a time gone by.

Last week I had a +1 after school, a lovely girl from M1's grade (yes a girl and they have no hang ups about hanging out together...).  They normally get on well, but on this occasion, what really made me smile, is they made a milkshake together.

They negotiated what should go in it, who should put what in etc etc.  For my M1, who is bit of a know it all control freak (but yes I mostly love him for it), to see him interact so seamlessly with this beautiful Miss 8 made my heart sing.





So, this week, I am grateful for drink, but especially milkshakes - chocolate of course. Click here to see who else is Grateful for Drink at the Kidspot 52 weeks of Grateful.  What is your favourite flavour?




1 comment:

  1. Me too, me too! Chocolate malted milkshake.

    When I was young, my father used to take us to the milk shop for a 'malt' (as he calls them) as a treat. Such happy memories. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.... thanks!