Monday 6 February 2012

Sweet Dreams are made of ....

I haven't been able to sleep very well for the last week.  This is not a new thing for me, I have always struggled with going to sleep.  Unless I exactly catch "the window" I fail miserably.  Hubby falls asleep almost before his head hits the pillow.  Me?  I can be lying there 3 hours later.

I have tried everything.  Nothing works.

Tried writing in a diary - fail!
Tried shower and straight to bed - fail!
Write a to do list - fail!
Get up and read/watch tv - fail!
Can't stomach warm milk - fail!

And on and on.  Sadly too, my two children seem to have inherited this trait.  They always get your best bits, don't they?

But lately, there is an additional reason why I can't sleep.  A very close family member is having open heart surgery on Thursday.  He is 42.  He has two children (7 & 5) and a beautiful wife.  I have known him "forever".  I am scared for him and his family.  And for me.

Tomorrow my hubby gets his results from the cardiologist to see if he will need it too. Turns out it could be genetic. 

I just want this week to be over.  Maybe I can sneek in a sleep Tuesday night, before Thursday.  What a week.  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Crossing my fingers for your family! Hope your hubby gets good news, you get some sleep and that the op goes well! Annaleis xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all xxoo
    Camomile tea works for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.... thanks!