Tuesday 24 April 2012

Friend or Foe?

It seems the Internet can be an ugly place.  



These past weeks, one of my favourite websites and Facebook pages Lovely Living - Love the Life Your Living and Jen specifically has been the subject of cyber-bullying.  
How rude people seem to be getting.  

People seem to think that just because you are writing and not talking, you can say what you like.  Not true people.  If you would not say it in person, don't write it down.  And putting "in my opinion" or "just saying" after it doesn't make it OK either.

Same goes for Facebook.  I have always had a love/hate relationship with Facebook, and today, it seems very justifiable.  People de-friend you for reasons you don't know.  People that look you in the face and smile like everything is OK.  Do you know what?  It is not OK.  Why do people do this?

Facebook.  The world was a much simpler place without it.  Yet, I love it because, it allows me to keep in contact with people that are hard to keep in contact with.  Old school friends, friends who live overseas or in different states.  You can follow and share the adventures of some as they travel.

It saddens me that people can be so flip about things these days, and hide behind differences of opinion.  Friendships are complicated - but do they need to be?  No.



I am no longer wasting time on these things. I had enough of this sort of angst last year.  I have moved through it now and thought all was good again.  So enough of my energy has been wasted on this.   I know who my good and true friends are.  And if you are one of them, thank you for being in my life.

It's time to keep focusing on the good in life.  To only invite good energy in. I am a good and loyal friend.  Honestly, if you don't like me, you don't deserve me.

So here is to positive energy.  
Take all your bad energy, place it in a bottle and release it as butterflies into the world.  
That's what I am doing.



1 comment:

  1. I say the defriender is passive aggressive with many complicated issues of her own......some people just need to grow up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.... thanks!